Once you’ve Moved off the Solution, you have to go somewhere. Proceed by building a conversation that will clarify the nature of the opportunity at hand. If the business case surfaces, then move on to further qualify the opportunity. If the business case doesn’t seem to be coming together, it’s going to be helpful to understand that sooner rather than later.
Here’s how to Structure a Conversation:
- Get a list of the business issues the client has top of mind.
- Make sure that list is complete.
- Of the entire list, identify the #1 priority.
- On that priority develop evidence and impact.
- Summarize along the way.
- Take each issue in order of priority (if necessary).